My Shopping List
Courtesy of Pomegranate Council
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 15 min
Chill Time: 6 Hr
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin
+ 1 c. sugar
+ 3 eggs, separated
+ 3/4 c. water
+ 1 c. pomegranate juice
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
+ 1 c. whipping cream
+ whipping cream (or substitute 2 c. low fat whipped topping)
+ chopped pistachio nuts
+ pomegranate seeds
What to do:
1. Mix gelatin and sugar in a heavy saucepan; reserve.
2. Whisk egg yolks and water together; stir into gelatin mixture. Cook over medium-low heat (do not boil), stirring constantly until gelatin and sugar dissolve, about 5 mins.
3. Remove from heat; stir in pomegranate and lemon juice. Refrigerate pomegranate mixture stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon, about 2 1/2 hours.
4. When pomegranate mixture is ready, beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry; thoroughly fold into pomegranate mixture. Reserve.
5. Beat cream until soft peaks form; carefully fold into pomegranate mixture.
6. Divide mixture among 6, 8 oz. parfait glasses; chill at least 4 hours. To serve garnish each parfait with a dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with chopped nuts and pomegranate seeds.
Calories: 336; Total Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 160mg; Total Carbs: 43g; Protein: 4g; Sodium: 62mg; Potassium: 155mg;