My Shopping List
Grilled Orzo Salad
Courtesy of California Ripe Olives
Serve With:Servings: 4
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 6 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 1/2 c. (6 oz.) Pattypan squash, sliced 1/2-in.thick
+ 1 1/2 c. (6 oz.) zucchini, sliced legnthwise 1/2-in. thick
+ 5 oz. radicchio, quartered
+ 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
+ 1/2 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
+ 2 1/2 c. (1 lb.) cooked orzo pasta, cooled to room temperature
+ 2/3 c. sliced California Ripe Olives
+ 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
+ 2 1/2 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
+ 1 Tbsp. minced shallots
+ 2 tsp. chopped thyme
+ 1/4 c. chopped basil
+ 1/4 c. (2 oz.) goat cheese, crumbled
+ 1/2 c. (1 1/2 oz.) toasted sliced almonds
What to do:
1. In a large mixing bowl, toss squash, zucchini and radicchio with 1/2 Tbsp. of olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
2. Grill vegetables over medium-high heat for 2-3 min. per side until marked and tender. Transfer to a clean cutting board and allow to cool slightly.
3. When cooled, dice squash and zucchini into 1/4-in. pieces and shred raddichio into 1/4-in. strips (removing the core), then place into a large mixing bowl. Toss in orzo and California Ripe Olives and set aside.
4. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, shallots and thyme. Pour into vegetable and pasta mixture and stir until evenly combined.
5. Mix in basil, goat cheese and almonds just before serving. Serves 4.