My Shopping List
Prosciutto-Wrapped Burgers with Blue Cheese, Arugula and Plum Ketchup on Focaccia Bread
Courtesy of Certified Angus Beef
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 lb. Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck
+ 1/4 lb. prosciutto sliced thin
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 4 oz. blue cheese
+ 4 focaccia rolls
+ 2 c. arugula
Pluots Plum Ketchup:
+ 1 shallot, sliced thin
+ 1 Tbsp. grape seed oil
+ 8 pluots, seeded
+ 2 star anise
+ 2 tsp. dry ginger
+ 1 tsp. dry coriander
+ 1 Tbsp. molasses
+ 1 c. brandy
+ 2 Tbsp. lime juice
+ Salt and pepper to taste
**note - pluots are a cross between plums and apricots either may be substituted in the recipe
What to do:
1. For Hamburger: Preheat grill. Portion ground chuck into 8 oz. patties. Grill to desired doneness.
2. Wrap with prosciutto and place on a hot oiled cooking sheet. Bake until prosciutto is crisp; top with blue cheese and continue cooking until cheese is completely melted.
3. Spread Pluots Plum Ketchup evenly on both sides of the focaccia roll. Place burger on top of the bun and top with arugula.
For Pluots Plum Ketchup:
1. In a small saucepan sweat the shallots over low heat in the grape seed oil.
2. Add plumss, star anise, ginger, coriander, and molasses and continue to cook for 3 min.
3. Deglaze with brandy; continue to cook for 5 min. Remove from heat and discard star anise.
4. Puree in a blender adding the limejuice at the end. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Recipe provided by Certified Angus Beef LLC.
Calories: 1020; Total Fat: 51g; Saturated Fat: 17g; Cholesterol: 185mg; Total Carbs: 66g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 67g; Sodium: 1385mg;